Thursday, February 22, 2007

PHOTOS!!!!!


Tina and I having breakfast at the fanciest hotel in Antigua, Casa Santa Domingo. It was a beautiful place!




Somehow I always take out my camera when I'm with Kim. Here we are in Antigua at a roof top cafe called the Sky cafe. You can see the volcano behind us (faintly) and a very typical run down colonial building.





This is the cutest kid in the world. i don't know how she does it. Her name is Elizabeth and we played little games on the work site lots like putting rocks in a basket and pretending it was food. This is an incredible memory for me.





This is my small group and the family that we built a house for with Habitat for Humanity. This was an incredible experience for me. I was so honored to be welcomed into the lives of the people in this family. They are amazing.



This is my JOB! I'm mentoring one of the fabuloso students on our site. Kim and I are in Monterrico and our whole site is staying in beach bungalos. Needless to say I'm living a tough life ;)



Hanging out on the street in Antigua with a lady.



Tina, Lina, and me at the beach in Monterrico.




My co-leader Lars and I had a fancy dinner at Las Palmas




I'm making tortillas in a Mayan village. This was a really cool experience. We learned how to make coffee (right from picking it off the plant to ground coffee).

4 Comments:

Blogger The Renegade Librarian said...

Hey Patricia,

Great pics! It looks like you are doing so well--also, so nice to actually see a new post on your blog (considering I check the thing a couple times a week!). Take care, God bless, and love ya lots...

February 25, 2007 7:50 PM

 
Blogger Megan said...

I have to agree with Matt...

Im so happy to see that you are doing good (and looking gooood in those photos too!)

I am also happy to see a new post because I also check back multiple times a week!

As cool as I think your job is and as fun as time it looks like you're having, I can't WAIT for you to get back. One chat over breakfast every four months is NOT enough. Plus.. when you get back in April then it will mean I will also be done classes, which I also can't wait for, but it means we will have plenty of time for chatting!!

Im praying for you all the time Pattycake! Im so excited about what God is doing in your life and in those you touch around you!!

love your pizza xo

February 25, 2007 9:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Patty!

I stumbled upon your blog randomly, but was happy to see what it is you're up to! I look forward to hearing all about Guatemala when you're back in Victoria!

xo, Lizzy

March 08, 2007 12:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pics make me miss Antigua! What an amazing thing you are doing down there! Climbed Volcan Pacaya yet? Eaten nachos at Mono Loco's? Shopped till you dropped at the market de artisans? Oh the memories...
Unlike the other commentors I haven't been checking your site three times a week but it seems I chose a good time.
Anyways, just wanted to say hi! Hope your having a great time! Miss you!!!
Luv, Holly
P.S. Check out the most recent pics of Kai on Megs blog! He is the cutest!!!

March 11, 2007 11:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home