Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The past 2 weeks in 60 seconds

I've been having an amazing time. I LOVE MY JOB. I'm really enjoying getting to know the students and we are starting formal mentoring sessions this week which I'm very much looking forward to.

The past 2 weeks, our site of 31 students and 4 staff has been at Camp Arnes (1.5hrs North of Winnipeg). We had 2 speakers share with us for a week each and 2 service days. The speakers have been awesome and it's been a real pleasure reading the students' journals to hear what they are learning. If you want more details about what this program that I'm apart of is all about, click the "Outtatown website" link on the sidebar. If you want to hear students stories and see the best of the pictures we've been taking then click the "Site 2 blog" cause I'm on the media committee so lots of my favorite pictures go up on the site 2 blog (no use repeating a post)

Tim came to Winnipeg to visit for Thanksgiving and we had an incredible weekend. After an early morning (5:30am wakeup) and a long day of driving through sunshine and snow (I'm not joking) site 2 is in Saskatchewan. Tomorrow we are arriving in Canmore Alberta for a couple days of "knowing yourself" activities lead by the site leaders. Then the girls are off to Banff for girls week!

Hope everyone is just peachy and still enjoying turkey sandwiches (yeah leftovers!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
I heard that the Outtatown program was at the Rocky Mountain YMCA so I went running down the road to where they were staying, only to find out that you were in Canmore! I tried calling your cell phone, but there was no answer. My family was here that weekend and we had to go on a road trip to Red Deer for my great aunt and uncle's 50th. I hope you had a fantastic stay in Canmore, although I believe you are still there! I hope your program is going fantastic.
Love,
Hilary

October 24, 2006 6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home