Sunday, October 29, 2006

Where have I been?

Ok OK. I know that it's been so long since I've posted that everyone has stopped reading this thing but I thought I'd try to redeem this blog but putting up new stuff. As of yesterday we arrived in Hope BC. Tim came over to visit so I'm spending some time with him today (yeah!). Tonight I'm back with my 31 fabulous students and 3 co-leaders. Last week we were in Canmore Alberta learning about the Old Testament and the previous week the girls were in Banff and the boys stayed in Canmore for our respective Girl/Guy week.

I LOVE MY JOB. I'm really enjoying this program and I'm especially enjoying 1 on 1 mentoring times. I have the pleasure of spending quality time with 9 girls in this program. I love hearing their stories and the things they're thinking about/struggling with. I've been very blessed by these relationships already.

I'm glad to be back on the west coast! We have a speaker coming to talk to us about the New Testament. Next week we're doing Native ministry and learning alot about First Nation culture. The week after we are doing another Urban Plunge but this time it's in the downtown eastside of Vancouver. So that's the news.

I miss Victoria a little. Mostly the fabulous friends I've made and having my own bed and closet, but I'm so glad I'm out on this adventure. I getting excited about going with this group to Guatemala! I taught the group salsa dancing last week and they were really good!

All the best!

*Patricia

4 Comments:

Blogger Vocal Coach said...

Patty,
i just found this today...it's so good to hear that you're having such an awesome time, as it sounds like God is using you to minister to these kids' lives. Awesome.
Bless ya,
Adri-Anne

October 30, 2006 7:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Patty!
I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your job and that you are connecting well with the particpants in your group! I can imagine that you are in your element ;)
Know that I've been thinking about you and praying for you and was really thankful for the time we got to spend together before you headed out on your adventures!

Be blessed my friend!
Christine

October 31, 2006 8:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lovely Patty! I miss you! Glad to hear that you're doing well... can't wait to see you at Christmas tme. XOXO

November 14, 2006 8:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy that you were in Canmore -- not so very far from my home.

in lethbridge.

are you coming here?

heh..

January 06, 2007 12:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home