Sunday, February 18, 2007

still in guate

hey everyone

I was meaning to put photos up today but I am trying a new internet cafe and it really sucks. I spent the last 2 weeks in a little town called Rio Hondo which is a 6 hour bus ride from Antigua. It is in the dessert so it is dry and really hot (41 plus degrees celcius on the hottest days). We were building homes with Habitat for Humanity. It was a challenging experience but ultimately a really good experience. The family that we built for was really in need and really awesome, quiet, and humble. It was an honor to be part of their lives for 2 weeks. Other than working hard in the hot sun and the dust we had a great time swimming in the river and a water fall and playing around at a water park. we were staying in some of the sketchyist accomodations i have ever stayed in. so dirty and smelly with cockroaches. yuck.

it was a cool time to learn about serving God and growing with eachother. it was tough work but i was really proud of the work that my small group did.

I am going to try to post some pictures soon but keep checking the site that i am working on for outtatown (the link is on the right side of this page i think). I put more time into that one cause it is my job.

i have 3 more weeks in Antigua to learn some more spanish and mentor my girls. i am really looking forward to it! ok bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home